There are three levels
(each level requires certification at the previous level):
The business, its managers and employees have made a public commitment to train its staff in autism awareness. They will view a short film on autism spectrum disorder and answer 3 questions regarding the film, showing that they watched it and are at this level, aware of recognizing the signs that someone may have autism and how they should respond.
The business has made small modifications/adjustments to their premises to improve access to those with autism in order to better them.
The business has committed to reviewing hiring strategies and promoting a supportive work environment to individuals with ASD.
For More Info
FEAT of Louisville and the Autism Friendly Community working group focuses on training and supporting businesses to breakdown education and perceptional barriers to welcome and support customers with autism and their families. We provide the opportunity to businesses of any size to receive autism awareness certification and ongoing support. Our approach is simple and straightforward.
Join the growing number of businesses in Kentuckiana who want to set themselves apart from others by investing in compassionate and exceptional customer service and enriching the economy with a specialized workforce.
SALES AND REVENUE
- Attract new customers
- Rise in Profit
- Increased Customer Satisfaction
- Enhance your brand and help new customers find you
MARKETING AND PR
- Promotion via website, social media, newsletters and media outreach to local news outlets on your behalf through FEAT of Louisville
- Provide rich customer experience
- Improved reputation
- Generation of referrals and increased business
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Ability to welcome customers with special needs and their families without fear
- Offering exceptional customer service experiences creates a positive effect on employees
- Skills to provide compassionate customer service and provide a positive experience
- Knowledge and confidence to accommodate ALL customers
- Contact an Autism Friendly Business Initiative.
- Complete assessment of current business structure.
- The training begins with a short video segment that will provide the necessary tools for your employees to begin offering compassionate customer service to families with disabilities. Together, a time will be scheduled when your employees may view the training material.
- Add AFBI training material to your “new employee” training orientation to ensure that business is in compliance with minimum requirements of number of staff trained.
Once certified at Level 1, your business will become visible to the autism community and our extensive network of families, first through the FEAT of Louisville website and then through various avenues of print and social media
- For continued support you may contact FEAT of Louisville for additional questions and resources.
- We can assist you as your company moves through the remaining levels of the Autism Friendly Business Initiative which will continue to propel your company within our community.
To receive the ranking of becoming an Autism Friendly Business, the following criteria must be met:
The Autism Friendly Business Initiative requires that re-certification be completed on an annual basis (this pertains to level 1 particularly) and on a date specified by your AFBI Representative. Because we believe that empowerment comes through knowledge, we want to keep you abreast of new material or modifications that will enable even your newest employees to provide compassionate customer service**.
**Because level 1 is online training, as new employees join your business, you can request access to the online training as part of your own new employee training.
Training for the business can begin as soon as an agreed upon date is set and all paperwork is signed.
The relationship may be terminated if and when any of the following conditions occur:
- Training falls below 80% or
- After 3 warnings* (at level 1)
*If Business receives 3 or more complaints from the customer feedback cards, a meeting with an AFBI Representative will be requested to discuss a reasonable remediation plan. If the plan is not successfully met within 60 days, certification may be revoked.